![]() |
The purpose of this blog is to enable Slavens K-8 staff to share ideas related to the teaching of writing for the Professional Development Unit "Writing Across the Curriculum." This forum will also be used for book discussions and instructional videos related to the teaching of writing.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Jeffra Frank's Peer Response Writing Conference Guidelines
Here is a copy of Jeffra Frank's Peer Response Writing Conference guidelines that she uses to help guide students to respond to one another's writing/critical articles in a constructive way (it is scanned as a JPEG image not as a Word document).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jeffra, I am curious about some of the comments you hear from the students. This sounds like something I may want to try. Did you find that the students were using the chart to guide their conversation or coming up with their own questions. What kind of groupings did you use, for instance, high/medium proficiency with medium/low? My younger students are not writing with enough detail and I was thinking that having someone read and discuss it before they turn the work in would be great. Good idea, Thanks
ReplyDeleteI am with Krista. I like this a lot and think we could use with all or parts with 6th grade. We have been struggling with gtting detail from them and could this could possibly help. As my experience dictates, its quite limited, I search for ways to help lead them to better written responses.
ReplyDelete