Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome Slavens' Staff to Writing Across the Curriculum!  The purpose of this "blog" is to share ideas related to writing instruction and strategies; upload videos and resources from your instructors for viewing and discussion; gain support and ideas from fellow teachers; and discuss articles or books such as How to Provide Effective Feedback by Susan Brookhart.  Please monitor this site weekly and post or respond to a post at least every other week.  Thank you for your participation!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Elizabeth and Marcy for setting this up! During my lunch I thought I'd take a moment to share about a book I just finished called "The Brain That Changes Itself" by Dr. Norman Doidge. It is interesting in presenting studies that have been completed about the plasticity of the brain and the impact on learning (with some limited references to writing). Here's a website link from this book: http://www.positscience.com/human-brain/brain-plasticity/brain-plasticity-exercises

    ReplyDelete