Saturday, December 11, 2010

Video Clip Please View: The music is edgy but it gets the point across. Use the bottom right icon for full-screen view.

2 comments:

  1. Just finished watching this video. Scary statistics -- scary as a teacher, as a parent of a 17-year-old boy (and not just the fact that 1/3 of young men age 22-34 are living at home with parents!), and as a citizen. I'm curious to read/learn more about what we need to do not only as teachers but as a society to help more of our boys be more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do fear the numbers in the statistics. I really believe that if our schools/teachers were given the support and funding they need these issues could be solved. The ability to differentiate needs to be addressed. We all do it but if we had more time and support from home and administration/government, I believe, it would put a dent in the issue at hand. Is this a issue of the gender of the teacher? Or is it an issue of how boys are taught to think in the home? I would love to know the statistics on legislators voting by gender on education issues.

    ReplyDelete