The purpose of this blog is to enable Slavens K-8 staff to share ideas related to the teaching of writing for the Professional Development Unit "Writing Across the Curriculum." This forum will also be used for book discussions and instructional videos related to the teaching of writing.
I think a boy's writing club is a great idea. Shelley and I have been talking for a few years about doing something similar to this after school. It is beneficial to have other students hear what might usually only be said during a conference with the teacher.
That does sound like a good idea, Barb. I wonder how a "Boys Writing Club" and a "Girls Writing Club" would work -- providing a little bit of an opportunity for single-gender learning for both genders? Of course that would be 2 different nights after school - but maybe trading off with other teachers, or alternating weeks, Boys Club one week, and Girls Club the next...
I think a boy's writing club is a great idea. Shelley and I have been talking for a few years about doing something similar to this after school. It is beneficial to have other students hear what might usually only be said during a conference with the teacher.
ReplyDeleteThat does sound like a good idea, Barb. I wonder how a "Boys Writing Club" and a "Girls Writing Club" would work -- providing a little bit of an opportunity for single-gender learning for both genders? Of course that would be 2 different nights after school - but maybe trading off with other teachers, or alternating weeks, Boys Club one week, and Girls Club the next...
ReplyDelete