Friday, April 29, 2011

A kid makes a book

We have been working on books for Moms and Muffins which is coming up in May. The books have about 10 pages. Some examples: It bugs my mom when ______________. My mom likes to_____________________. My mom is smart. She knows all about______________. Each kid is making a book. So we work on a couple pages per day. Then they get bound and the kids will present them to their moms on Moms and Muffins Day. The moms love them.

Today, during Choice Time, a girl went to Art. She cut several pieces of paper into rectangles and stapled them together. After writing about 5 pages of her very own Mother's Day book she came to read it to me. Some examples: I love my mom. I am going to get my mom a present on Mother's Day. Then we had to clean up. She said, "I'll just finish up at home."

It never ceases to amaze me when kids take learning into their own hands and work on and produce such neat things. I have to constantly remind myself to step out of the way and let the learning happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment